Saturday, August 4, 2007

Clarification

Forgive my rambling on about money in the last post, and fear not, we aren't poor. We are living well and not in need of anything more. We are in New Zealand after all! I think the point I was trying to make is, expensive taste is expensive... or something like that.

Also, I tend to freak out irrationally sometimes...especially when stressed about other things (like trying to work fast enough that I am worth my hourly rate).

Also, there are so many adventures to be had-- unfortunately some of them require financial backing. My experiences and adventures here just make me thirsty for more adventures and experiences. I think it really is a good exercise on saving for what you really want-- maybe. Or perhaps it is an exercise on coming up with strategies to get where you wanna go cheaply or get paid to get there-- maybe. We shall see.

Vine time does give me a lot of time to ponder life's questions-- Where will my next adventure be? What playlist should I listen to next? Which canes should I cut? How can I stretch my thumb muscle? Honestly, what could I possibly go to grad school to study? Is that really low flying plane over my head going to make it to the airfield just beyond the vineyard? When is lunch?-- If you have any life questions you would like me to ponder for you... I would be happy. Comment away!

It is rainy again today, fortunately we finished our rows just as it was starting to rain. Saturday work is not required, but we wanted to come in to finish yesterday's rows so we can start fresh on Monday. Apparently it is supposed to be rainy all weekend. We will get a lot of reading done I am sure!

Much love!

Cheerio!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We have LOVED reading about your New Zealand adventures and viewing your photos, Ashley! Keep the blogs coming. (They certainly make me thirsty.)

Too much time to ponder life's questions was what drove me nuts about lifeguarding when I was younger. NOW a little more time for pondering would be welcome. The time cutting and wrapping vines will certainly provide lots of opportunity to identify what you DON'T want to do the rest of your life -- or at least for quite a while after this trip is finished.

Have fun! -- Jane Nolan Goeken